Odisha Channel Bureau Bhubaneswar, Jan 7: A self check-in kiosk was inaugurated at the New Domestic Terminal (T1) of the Biju Patnaik International Airport (BPIA) here today.Sharad Kumar, Airport Director, AAI, inaugurated the kiosk, which is supported by IT partner SITA.AAI and SITA have developed this facility to reduce check-in time at counters and avoid undue inconvenience to passengers travelling only with hand-baggage.To get the boarding pass, a passenger would need to feed in their PNR number in the system and select a seat of their choice from the seating chart.This facility provides the passenger to select his choice of seat and save time in queuing up at the check-in counter.The kiosk is designed to meet IATA’s Common Use Self-Service (CUSS) specifications.Besides improving the passenger speed, this system also makes efficient use of the limited space and infrastructure at the airport.Initially, one kiosk has been introduced which caters to Indigo Airlines but in future the number of kiosks may increase so as to accommodate and cater to the needs of all the passengers.Passengers were seen appreciating this effort and staff members of Indigo Airlines were instructed to help the passengers get accustomed to this new system.Biju Patnaik International Airport, Bhubaneswar has always been ahead in technological up-gradation by providing modern and user-friendly facilities for passenger delight, according to an official release.
January 7, 2015
- Dawn Staley calls out national media, Lisa Bluder's 'bar fight' comments after Final Four loss
April 1, 2023, 3:11 pm
- Shaq called! Michigan teen with size 23 feet surprised by NBA legend after sharing shoe story
April 1, 2023, 3:07 pm
- Mar-a-Lago events suspended as Trump huddles with ‘shaken’ advisers
April 1, 2023, 2:38 pm
- I was a nun for 2 decades before leaving the convent to be with a woman. I stood up to the church for our right to marry.
April 1, 2023, 12:55 pm
- My Dying Mom Chose To End Her Life With Dignity. Then Her Choice Was Stolen From Her.
April 1, 2023, 12:30 pm
- Alaska Native Scouts feted 67 years after rescuing Navy crew
April 1, 2023, 12:18 pm
- The ancient discovery made on the Miami River is so significant it could derail development
April 1, 2023, 9:30 am
- A video shows Ukrainian marines destroying a column of Russian tanks with US-made Javelin missiles
April 1, 2023, 9:01 am
- Jimmy Fallon Buries His Head In His Hands Over New Donald Trump Gaffe
April 1, 2023, 8:54 am
- Maggie Haberman Reveals How Trump Org Employees Celebrated Trump Indictment
April 1, 2023, 6:28 am