Odisha Channel Bureau Bhubaneswar: Rourkela Steel Plant, a unit of Steel Authority of India Limited, has posted its best ever performance for the first two months of any fiscal by leveraging the performance of the new units that have come up under modernisation and Expansion.In the month of May, 2014 the steel plant produced 2,70,052 tonnes of hot metal and 2,20,021 tonnes of saleable steel which are the best ever performance of the plant since inception for any month.On May 15 the new coke oven battery-6 clocked 90 pushings which is the highest for this state-of-the-art unit.The battery also registered an average pushing of 80.1 per day during the month, which is its best ever performance.On May 21the total hot metal production touched 10,410 tonnes, which is again the all time best production.The new blast furnace-5 played an important role in boosting the hot metal production, according to an official release issued on Monday.As a result, the April-May’14 performance showed an upward trend.In this period 5,37,062 tonnes of hot metal was produced, thereby registering a growth of 36.3 per cent over last year.This in turn resulted in a production of 4,80,198 tonnes of crude steel and 4,30,031 tonnes of saleable steel thereby registering significant increase of 30 per cent and 24.1 per cent respectively over the corresponding period last year.The rise in the production performance of key products was also significant. By producing 2,85,298 tonnes of HR coil total, 90,008 tonnes of plate mill plates, 41,307 tonnes of HR plates, 22,857 tonnes of CR Sheets/coils and 11,359 tonnes of CRNO coils the steel plant recorded increase of 20.4 per cent, 12 per cent, 13.8 per cent, 29.6 per cent, 11.2 per cent and 24.1 per cent over the corresponding period last year.G.S.Prasad, CEO, RSP has expressed happiness over the northbound production trend and has called upon the RSP collective to further improve the performance by optimizing production from the new units as well as achieving a perfect synchronisation between the old and new units.
June 9, 2014
- Diane Keaton Hasn't Dated Anyone In 35 Years, And Her Reason Why Is Going Viral
March 26, 2023, 7:45 pm
- Family of missing 6-year-old left Texas on international flight before Amber Alert issued
March 26, 2023, 7:13 pm
- San Francisco is forcing couple to remove sidewalk 'obstruction' — or pay $1,400. It's a little free library.
March 26, 2023, 6:39 pm
- Is 'David' porn? See for yourself, Italians ask Fla. parents
March 26, 2023, 6:17 pm
- Mark Wahlberg and Jim Carrey among stars rushing to sell homes to beat new ‘mansion’ tax
March 26, 2023, 5:00 pm
- Comer warns Bragg he must testify after stumbling into his territory during Trump probe
March 26, 2023, 4:48 pm
- Jonathan Majors’ Attorney Says The Woman Who Accused Him Of Assault Has Taken Back Her Allegations After He Was Arrested In New York
March 26, 2023, 4:46 pm
- Trump's own attorney says the former president's TruthSocial posts attacking Manhattan prosecutor ahead of possible indictment were 'ill-advised'
March 26, 2023, 4:09 pm
- Sam Neill says the 'Jurassic Park" cast 'came very close' to dying when a Category 4 hurricane struck
March 26, 2023, 3:47 pm
- 'God, guns and Trump': Thousands turn out for Texas rally
March 26, 2023, 3:18 pm