Odisha Channel Bureau Bhubaneswar, July 11: After the success of the 108 Odisha Emergency Medical Ambulance Services (OEMAS), Government of India and Government of Odisha on Friday launched the 102 ambulance service for free referral transport of pregnant women and sick infants under Janani Sishu Surakhya Karyakram (JSSK) programme.The service was launched with the flagging of many such ambulances by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik at a function held at Jayadev Bhavan of the Capital city.The 102 National Ambulance Service will be complemented by a 104 toll-free helpline service providing information, advice and counselling to the public round-the-clock.The move has been made to revamp the Janani Express system by instituting an organised referral transport service which would more effectively cater to the pregnant women and sick neonates in the rural and remote parts.As many as 118 NAS ambulances were launched in different districts of Odisha in the first phase on Friday.The number of 102 ambulances will be increased to 500 within three months, according to official sources.The 104 dedicated health helpline under JSSK will also be formally launched in the State soon.The 104 toll-free helpline would provide information on reproductive maternal and child health along with counselling services on family planning, nutrition, hygiene, pre and post delivery care, first aid, etc.Under the 108 ambulance service, a total of 420 ambulances are operating across Odisha at present.The 102 ambulance service, of which 75 per cent of the cost would be borne from NRHM, is likely to lift a huge burden on the 108 ambulance service.
July 11, 2014
- Diane Keaton Hasn't Dated Anyone In 35 Years, And Her Reason Why Is Going Viral
March 26, 2023, 7:45 pm
- Family of missing 6-year-old left Texas on international flight before Amber Alert issued
March 26, 2023, 7:13 pm
- San Francisco is forcing couple to remove sidewalk 'obstruction' — or pay $1,400. It's a little free library.
March 26, 2023, 6:39 pm
- Is 'David' porn? See for yourself, Italians ask Fla. parents
March 26, 2023, 6:17 pm
- Mark Wahlberg and Jim Carrey among stars rushing to sell homes to beat new ‘mansion’ tax
March 26, 2023, 5:00 pm
- Comer warns Bragg he must testify after stumbling into his territory during Trump probe
March 26, 2023, 4:48 pm
- Jonathan Majors’ Attorney Says The Woman Who Accused Him Of Assault Has Taken Back Her Allegations After He Was Arrested In New York
March 26, 2023, 4:46 pm
- Trump's own attorney says the former president's TruthSocial posts attacking Manhattan prosecutor ahead of possible indictment were 'ill-advised'
March 26, 2023, 4:09 pm
- Sam Neill says the 'Jurassic Park" cast 'came very close' to dying when a Category 4 hurricane struck
March 26, 2023, 3:47 pm
- 'God, guns and Trump': Thousands turn out for Texas rally
March 26, 2023, 3:18 pm