Odisha Channel Bureau Bhubaneswar, June 24: There is no single agency monitoring the use of substantial amount of grants-in-aid that the Government of India transfers to Odisha, according to the report of the Comptroller and Auditor General.“Government of India directly transferred substantial amount of Grants-in-aid to the State implementing agencies for implementation of different schemes in the State.Funds flowing directly to the implementing agencies through off-budget route inhibit FRBM Act requirements of transparency and escape accountability.There is no single agency monitoring the use of these funds and no data is readily available on the amounts spent in major flagship and other important schemes, says the CAG report that was laid placed in the State Assembly on Monday.“Unless uniform accounting practices are followed by all these agencies and there is proper documentation and timely reporting of expenditure, it will be difficult to monitor the end use of these direct transfers.” The CAG has recommended that the State Government has to put in place an appropriate mechanism to ensure proper accounting of these funds.
June 23, 2014
- Russians starting to evacuate from occupied Crimea, says Ukrainian intelligence
March 24, 2023, 3:15 pm
- Alvin Bragg may have been asked to delay Trump charges: John Dean
March 24, 2023, 2:58 pm
- Kentucky governor vetoes sweeping GOP transgender measure
March 24, 2023, 2:53 pm
- Gwyneth Paltrow barred from bringing ‘treats’ into court
March 24, 2023, 2:43 pm
- Colorado wife whose husband allegedly poisoned her protein shakes is remembered for 'heroic struggle'
March 24, 2023, 1:29 pm
- Reaction to bronze sculpture of Coretta and Martin Luther King Jr. in Boston hasn't been good – and that's not bad for art that shatters conventions
March 24, 2023, 12:37 pm
- I Had One Of The Biggest Hits Of 1992. Then I Came Out As Omnisexual.
March 24, 2023, 12:30 pm
- South Africa must arrest Vladimir Putin
March 24, 2023, 12:29 pm
- Police involved after Memphis women's basketball player hits Bowling Green foe in handshake line
March 24, 2023, 12:11 pm
- Ron DeSantis Is Asked If He'd Be Donald Trump's Vice President. His Answer Is Telling.
March 24, 2023, 11:45 am