Odisha Channel Bureau Bhubaneswar, Sep 25: A corruption case has been registered against former Odisha Director General of Police Prakash Mishra on charges of financial improprieties and corruption.A 1977 batch Indian Police Service officer, Mishra is currently working as a Special Secretary for internal security in the Union Ministry of Home Affairs.Vigilance Department of Odisha police has charged Mishra of abusing his official position as Chairman of Odisha State Police Housing and Welfare Corporation Ltd, the post that he held from 2006-2009.The case against Mishra and some other officials of the Corporation has been registered after a special audit pointed out the irregularities, source said.Mishra was short-listed for appointment as Special Director in the Central Bureau of Investigation.It is said that there is possibility of he being appointed as Director of CBI in the near future.
September 24, 2014
- China's Xi Jinping praises Vladimir Putin during visit to Russia
March 20, 2023, 8:51 pm
- Arnold Schwarzenegger shared 2 weight-loss hacks, including the soup he has for dinner every night
March 20, 2023, 8:20 pm
- Photos: Iraq war’s 20th anniversary — the advance from Kuwait to the occupation of Baghdad
March 20, 2023, 8:17 pm
- Gadfly Reporter Throws White House Presser Into Chaos With Over-the-Top Tantrum
March 20, 2023, 8:14 pm
- Wyoming bans transgender youth from girls' sports teams
March 20, 2023, 8:13 pm
- Bad Bunny's ex-girlfriend files lawsuit seeking $40M
March 20, 2023, 8:12 pm
- A TikToker said she walked out on a date who was too cheap to spend $3 on cheese for his burger. That wasn't the whole story.
March 20, 2023, 7:12 pm
- Trump hits back at DeSantis following 'porn star' comments, warns the governor could find himself facing 'false accusations' in the future from 'underage' classmates or 'a man'
March 20, 2023, 6:58 pm
- Police: Dentist killed wife by lacing shakes with poison
March 20, 2023, 6:56 pm
- Florida cops on night patrol saw an unlit car parked in a cul-de-sac. It was occupied
March 20, 2023, 6:55 pm