Odisha Channel Bureau Bhubaneswar, Oct 7: The ‘Preview of RAAS Diwali Collection’ event at RAAS high fashion handloom design studio was held at Patia on Nandankanan Road in Bhubaneswar on Tuesday.This will be followed by a five day exhibition of new exclusive designs added to the range of stoles, silk sarees, designer sarees, blouses, lehengas, kurtis, anarkalis and western dresses for the upcoming festive season. The studio is located at 516/1765, SURYAPRABHA, Patia (Near Patia Big Bazar).The exhibition is open till October 12 from 11 am to 6 pm. RAAS presents a vintage line of contemporary designer ensembles which have been produced from traditional Oriya weaving techniques of Ikat, Bomkai, Sambalpuri, Pasapalli and other weaving styles fused with latest fashions and design trends.The exhibition showcases a fresh festive collection of its newest creations of Anarkali dresses, kurtis, sarees, lehengas, stoles, coats, shrugs, quilts, and many more trendy designer products and selected products for men’s wear.Ikat had never looked as it looks in these pieces, each designed and created in a very special way.Highly skilled weavers from Odisha weave for RAAS to designs given by Rashmi Mohapatra’s team of designers under the guidance of Pritam Panda.The clothes are fabricated by designers specialized in high fashion garments.RAAS has proved that tradition can be modern and handlooms can be high fashion and it has also tried to select and adapt some of these artistic weaving skills to contemporary taste and utility without taking away from their traditional beauty. RAAS aims to promote the cause of Odisha handloom artisans by sharing a portion of its profits for the upkeep of families of participating weavers.It aims to become an integral part of the lives of such craftsmen by providing them with a ready source of livelihood and funding the future education of children of such families.
October 7, 2014
- Dawn Staley calls out national media, Lisa Bluder's 'bar fight' comments after Final Four loss
April 1, 2023, 3:11 pm
- Shaq called! Michigan teen with size 23 feet surprised by NBA legend after sharing shoe story
April 1, 2023, 3:07 pm
- Mar-a-Lago events suspended as Trump huddles with ‘shaken’ advisers
April 1, 2023, 2:38 pm
- I was a nun for 2 decades before leaving the convent to be with a woman. I stood up to the church for our right to marry.
April 1, 2023, 12:55 pm
- My Dying Mom Chose To End Her Life With Dignity. Then Her Choice Was Stolen From Her.
April 1, 2023, 12:30 pm
- Alaska Native Scouts feted 67 years after rescuing Navy crew
April 1, 2023, 12:18 pm
- Graphic video shows an entire 5-foot long alligator being removed from stomach of an 18-foot python
April 1, 2023, 11:00 am
- The ancient discovery made on the Miami River is so significant it could derail development
April 1, 2023, 9:30 am
- A video shows Ukrainian marines destroying a column of Russian tanks with US-made Javelin missiles
April 1, 2023, 9:01 am
- Maggie Haberman Reveals How Trump Org Employees Celebrated Trump Indictment
April 1, 2023, 6:28 am