Odisha Channel Bureau Bhubaneswar, Oct 10: Even as the India Meteorological Department said that cyclone Hudhud would cross north Andhra Pradesh coast around Visakhapatnam by the forenoon on Sunday, many areas in coastal Odisha started experiencing rainfall since Friday morning under its influence.The sky remained overcast as sea turned rough along the coast.The severe cyclone storm `HUDHUD’ over westcentral and adjoining eastcentral Bay of Bengal moved northwestwards and lay centred at 0530 hours IST of October 10 near LAT 14.4°N and Long 87.6°E, over westcentral Bay of Bengal, about 590 kms southeast of Visakhapatnam and 610 kms south-southeast of Gopalpur in Odisha, said the IMD in its weather bulletin.“The system would move west-northwestwards, intensify further into a very severe cyclonic storm during next 12 hours.Thereafter, it would cross north Andhra Pradesh coast around Visakhapatnam by the forenoon of October 12,” said the IMD bulletin.As rains accompanied by wind started in coastal Odisha, State Special Relief Commissioner P.K.Mohapatra told media persons that the eight districts of the State – Ganjam, Gajapati, Rayagada, Koraput, Malkangiri, Nabarangpur, Kalahandi and Kandhamal – are likely to be affected by the storm.Hudhud is unlikely to cause major damages in Odisha though it would cause heavy to very heavy rains leading to flood situation in several regions, according to official sources.Meanwhile, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh talked to Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik over telephone and assured all help to Odisha Government to cope with the cyclone.The Home Minister also talked to the Chief Ministers of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana as the storm is likely to impact those States.
October 10, 2014
- Dawn Staley calls out national media, Lisa Bluder's 'bar fight' comments after Final Four loss
April 1, 2023, 3:11 pm
- Shaq called! Michigan teen with size 23 feet surprised by NBA legend after sharing shoe story
April 1, 2023, 3:07 pm
- Mar-a-Lago events suspended as Trump huddles with ‘shaken’ advisers
April 1, 2023, 2:38 pm
- I was a nun for 2 decades before leaving the convent to be with a woman. I stood up to the church for our right to marry.
April 1, 2023, 12:55 pm
- My Dying Mom Chose To End Her Life With Dignity. Then Her Choice Was Stolen From Her.
April 1, 2023, 12:30 pm
- Alaska Native Scouts feted 67 years after rescuing Navy crew
April 1, 2023, 12:18 pm
- Graphic video shows an entire 5-foot long alligator being removed from stomach of an 18-foot python
April 1, 2023, 11:00 am
- The ancient discovery made on the Miami River is so significant it could derail development
April 1, 2023, 9:30 am
- A video shows Ukrainian marines destroying a column of Russian tanks with US-made Javelin missiles
April 1, 2023, 9:01 am
- Maggie Haberman Reveals How Trump Org Employees Celebrated Trump Indictment
April 1, 2023, 6:28 am