Odisha Channel Bureau Bhubaneswar: Three critical rail connectivity projects for coal movement in Odisha, Jharkhand and Chhattisgarh will be put on fast track.This was decided in a joint meeting between the Minister of Railways D.V.Sadananda Gowda and Minister of State (Independent) of Coal, Power and Renewable Energy Piyush Goyal in New Delhi on Friday.In Odisha, the 53 km long Jharsuguda-Barpalli-Sardega railway line in Ib Valley will be expedited, which is a deposit work of Coal India Limited, according to an official release.The Bhupdevpuir-Korichapan-Dharamjaigarh railway line will connect to Mand-Raigarh Coal Field in Chhattisgarh.In addition to that Tori-Shivpur railway line and Shivpur-Kathautia rail project will be kept on fast track to connect North Karnpura in Jharkhand.All the three rail projects in Odisha, Jharkhand and Chhattisgarh will be the prime supply line of raw materials like coal to thermal power units in the country.It was also informed in the meeting that the Coal Ministry has put an ambitious target to produce and transport 100 million tonnes of coal for augmenting the power generation in the country.Goyal stressed on the need for completing the projects on time with clear timeline.A multi-disciplinary project monitoring unit is being set-up with representatives from Railways, Ministry of Coal and Department of Revenue and Forest of concerned States for better coordination, the release said.
June 13, 2014
- Ukraine troops 'storm Russia posts near Bakhmut'
June 7, 2023, 12:29 pm
- British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak to meet with Biden during U.S. trip
June 7, 2023, 11:56 am
- What the US should do with its A-10 Thunderbolt
June 7, 2023, 11:00 am
- ‘Older generations are so confused': This young woman on TikTok says Gen Z, Millennials don't share the same work ethic as Boomers — 3 reasons why she might be onto something
June 7, 2023, 10:00 am
- Great white shark surprises fishermen off Point Pleasant Beach, tries to eat catch
June 7, 2023, 9:17 am
- Politics has reached the point where Trump wants to know if Chris Christie has a problem with 'SIZE'
June 7, 2023, 8:58 am
- A teenage girl found her mom's debit card and spent $64,000 on mobile games, wiping out her family's life savings
June 7, 2023, 8:40 am
- A Terrifying Secret in Putin’s War Is Now Impossible to Hide
June 7, 2023, 8:32 am
- Watergate Lawyer John Dean Says He’s ‘Curious’ About 1 Thing In Trump Investigation
June 7, 2023, 7:47 am
- Protesters brawl as Southern California school district decides whether to recognize Pride Month
June 7, 2023, 4:49 am