Odisha Channel Bureau Bhubaneswar, Feb 4: Odisha Government has appointed Justice Madan Mohan Das as head of the Commission of Inquiry probing into the mega chit fund scam in the State.Justice Das, a retired judge of Orissa High Court, was appointed as the head of the probe panel as the post fell vacant after the death of Justice Radha Krushna Patra on January 28.The Commission’s probe is significant as the State Government had created a Rs.300 crore corpus fund in order to return money to the small investors cheated by a large number of chit fund firms.The Commission that was initially headed by Justice Patra was constituted on July 9, 2013 to hear the complaints of the depositors and take necessary steps for refund of the money the people had deposited with various companies.The Commission had received over 10 lakh complaints from people across the State.
February 4, 2015
- Dawn Staley calls out national media, Lisa Bluder's 'bar fight' comments after Final Four loss
April 1, 2023, 3:11 pm
- Shaq called! Michigan teen with size 23 feet surprised by NBA legend after sharing shoe story
April 1, 2023, 3:07 pm
- Mar-a-Lago events suspended as Trump huddles with ‘shaken’ advisers
April 1, 2023, 2:38 pm
- I was a nun for 2 decades before leaving the convent to be with a woman. I stood up to the church for our right to marry.
April 1, 2023, 12:55 pm
- My Dying Mom Chose To End Her Life With Dignity. Then Her Choice Was Stolen From Her.
April 1, 2023, 12:30 pm
- Alaska Native Scouts feted 67 years after rescuing Navy crew
April 1, 2023, 12:18 pm
- The ancient discovery made on the Miami River is so significant it could derail development
April 1, 2023, 9:30 am
- A video shows Ukrainian marines destroying a column of Russian tanks with US-made Javelin missiles
April 1, 2023, 9:01 am
- Jimmy Fallon Buries His Head In His Hands Over New Donald Trump Gaffe
April 1, 2023, 8:54 am
- Maggie Haberman Reveals How Trump Org Employees Celebrated Trump Indictment
April 1, 2023, 6:28 am