Odisha Channel Bureau New Delhi, Feb 17: The National Human Rights Commission, taking a serious view of the delay in disbursement of retirement benefits, including pension and gratuity to a retired BSNL employee, has asked the Secretary, Department of Telecommunications, Union Ministry of Communications and Information Technology to get this matter thoroughly enquired and fix the responsibility of delinquent officers/officials.He has been given six weeks time to respond with the action taken report.The Commission had received a complaint from the wife of the retired official belonging to the Scheduled Tribe that after serving the BSNL for nearly 40 years, her husband had superannuated on the 31st March, 2014 but his terminal benefits were withheld by the Chief General Manager, BSNL, Jaipur.According to the petitioner, both of them were not keeping good health and were facing severe financial constraints.They had requested for the Commission’s intervention in the matter.In response to the Commission’s notices to the Secretary, Department of Telecommunications, the Commission was informed that on the 21st January, 2015 some terminal benefits, including Death-cum-Retirement Gratuity and Commutation Value of Pension were paid to the retired employee.However, the pension payment order was to be dispatched shortly.On perusal of the material on record, NHRC Member Justice D.Murugesan, observed that terminal benefits were paid only after the Commission sought the report from the concerned authorities on the complaint of the employee’s wife.The pension orders were yet to be dispatched.The Commission takes a serious view of the fact that the Department of Telecommunications neither gave any explanation behind the delay in disbursement of the terminal benefits nor furnished any action taken report against the delinquent officers/officials.
February 17, 2015
- Dawn Staley calls out national media, Lisa Bluder's 'bar fight' comments after Final Four loss
April 1, 2023, 3:11 pm
- Shaq called! Michigan teen with size 23 feet surprised by NBA legend after sharing shoe story
April 1, 2023, 3:07 pm
- Mar-a-Lago events suspended as Trump huddles with ‘shaken’ advisers
April 1, 2023, 2:38 pm
- I was a nun for 2 decades before leaving the convent to be with a woman. I stood up to the church for our right to marry.
April 1, 2023, 12:55 pm
- My Dying Mom Chose To End Her Life With Dignity. Then Her Choice Was Stolen From Her.
April 1, 2023, 12:30 pm
- Alaska Native Scouts feted 67 years after rescuing Navy crew
April 1, 2023, 12:18 pm
- The ancient discovery made on the Miami River is so significant it could derail development
April 1, 2023, 9:30 am
- A video shows Ukrainian marines destroying a column of Russian tanks with US-made Javelin missiles
April 1, 2023, 9:01 am
- Jimmy Fallon Buries His Head In His Hands Over New Donald Trump Gaffe
April 1, 2023, 8:54 am
- Maggie Haberman Reveals How Trump Org Employees Celebrated Trump Indictment
April 1, 2023, 6:28 am