Odisha Channel Bureau Bhubaneswar, Aug 17: Odisha Government on Sunday transferred Basudev Bahinipati, District Collector of Gajapati amid mounting criticism over the suicide by Sunita Raita, a tribal nursing student who took the extreme step on August 13.Sunita had committed suicide after being denied the stipend that was due to her from the district Integrated Tribal Development Agency (ITDA) for 16 long months.In a suicide note that was recovered two days after her suicide, Sunita held the Collector of Gajapati district responsible for her death.A BSc nursing student, Sunita had made it clear in her suicide note that failure to get her stipend money was the reason behind her suicide.The State Government posted Mansi Nimbhal, Project Director of District Rural Development Agency, Mayurbhanj as Collector of Gajapati district, official sources said.
August 17, 2014
- Dawn Staley calls out national media, Lisa Bluder's 'bar fight' comments after Final Four loss
April 1, 2023, 3:11 pm
- Shaq called! Michigan teen with size 23 feet surprised by NBA legend after sharing shoe story
April 1, 2023, 3:07 pm
- Mar-a-Lago events suspended as Trump huddles with ‘shaken’ advisers
April 1, 2023, 2:38 pm
- I was a nun for 2 decades before leaving the convent to be with a woman. I stood up to the church for our right to marry.
April 1, 2023, 12:55 pm
- My Dying Mom Chose To End Her Life With Dignity. Then Her Choice Was Stolen From Her.
April 1, 2023, 12:30 pm
- Alaska Native Scouts feted 67 years after rescuing Navy crew
April 1, 2023, 12:18 pm
- The ancient discovery made on the Miami River is so significant it could derail development
April 1, 2023, 9:30 am
- A video shows Ukrainian marines destroying a column of Russian tanks with US-made Javelin missiles
April 1, 2023, 9:01 am
- Jimmy Fallon Buries His Head In His Hands Over New Donald Trump Gaffe
April 1, 2023, 8:54 am
- Maggie Haberman Reveals How Trump Org Employees Celebrated Trump Indictment
April 1, 2023, 6:28 am