Odisha Channel Bureau Chatrapur, Aug 25: Recognizing the importance of women in the cooperative movement of our country and raising their participation towards income generation, thrift and leadership, Tata Steel has been supporting the women Self Help Groups (SHGs) in the peripheral villages of Gopalpur.As a part of the endeavor, Tata Steel Rural Development Society (TSRDS), the rural development wing of Tata Steel, has provided support to the members of Om Sai Self Help Group of Ramyapalli village in Chamakhandi Gram Panchayat under Chatrapur Block through construction of a poultry farm with a capacity of 1800 birds.The support would help in promotion of alternative livelihood and would help the members of the self-help group become self-reliant.Priyanshu Pradhan, legislator of Chatrapur, inaugurated the poultry farm on Saturday in the presence of Biraja Mishra, Head Administration, Tata Steel and N.Bijayalaxmi Reddy, Sarpanch, Chamakhandi.The poultry farm has been constructed on a participatory basis where the beneficiaries have contributed Rs.12, 000 and TSRDS has contributed about Rs.8,00,000.Apart from the construction of the poultry farm, TSRDS has also ensured the market linkage for the birds by roping in Suguna Food Limited, a pioneer in poultry business, which would support the SHG members with the recurring expenses of the livelihood initiative.The 16 women members forming the SHG believe that with Tata Steel’s support in constructing the poultry farm and the market linkage with Suguna, they will be able to achieve the target of 6 bird rearing cycle per year with an expected profit of Rs.1,50,000 per annum. Praising the initiative by TSRDS, Pradhan emphasized on the role of women in the building of the nation through SHGs and said that more and more women should form SHGs and take up alternative livelihood initiative for a prosperous tomorrow.The event organised at Ramyapalli village for handing over the poultry farm to the women SHG members was also attended by P.Lingaraj Rao, Naidu, Ramyapalli Village Committee; Sushanta Moharana, Head, Infrastructure, Tata Steel; K.K.Tripathy, Consultant, Tata Steel and Anant Singh, Specialist, TSRDS.Biraja Mishra, Head, Administration, Tata Steel interacted with the beneficiaries belonging to the SHG on their experience and aspirations with regard to the poultry initiative.Describing this as a benchmark setting effort, the PRI members attending the event said that it would go a long way in enabling Women SHGs to achieve economic self-reliance.
August 25, 2014
- Dawn Staley calls out national media, Lisa Bluder's 'bar fight' comments after Final Four loss
April 1, 2023, 3:11 pm
- Shaq called! Michigan teen with size 23 feet surprised by NBA legend after sharing shoe story
April 1, 2023, 3:07 pm
- Mar-a-Lago events suspended as Trump huddles with ‘shaken’ advisers
April 1, 2023, 2:38 pm
- I was a nun for 2 decades before leaving the convent to be with a woman. I stood up to the church for our right to marry.
April 1, 2023, 12:55 pm
- My Dying Mom Chose To End Her Life With Dignity. Then Her Choice Was Stolen From Her.
April 1, 2023, 12:30 pm
- Alaska Native Scouts feted 67 years after rescuing Navy crew
April 1, 2023, 12:18 pm
- Graphic video shows an entire 5-foot long alligator being removed from stomach of an 18-foot python
April 1, 2023, 11:00 am
- The ancient discovery made on the Miami River is so significant it could derail development
April 1, 2023, 9:30 am
- A video shows Ukrainian marines destroying a column of Russian tanks with US-made Javelin missiles
April 1, 2023, 9:01 am
- Maggie Haberman Reveals How Trump Org Employees Celebrated Trump Indictment
April 1, 2023, 6:28 am