Odisha Channel Bureau Bhubaneswar, Nov 12: Banking services were badly affected across Odisha on Wednesday as lakhs of employees struck work as part of their nationwide one day strike called by the United Forum of Banking Unions (UFBU) protesting against privatisation of banks and demanding pay revision.Thousands of customers who were unaware of a day-long strike by bank employee had to return from the banks in most parts of the State.The day-long strike caused great difficulties for customers across the State.The agitating bank employees were found sitting on dharna and raising slogans in support of their demands in front of their respective bank branches.The bank employees went ahead with their strike after negotiations between representatives of bank employees unions and the Indian Banks’ Association (IBA) failed on Tuesday.
November 12, 2014
- Russians starting to evacuate from occupied Crimea, says Ukrainian intelligence
March 24, 2023, 3:15 pm
- Alvin Bragg may have been asked to delay Trump charges: John Dean
March 24, 2023, 2:58 pm
- Kentucky governor vetoes sweeping GOP transgender measure
March 24, 2023, 2:53 pm
- Gwyneth Paltrow barred from bringing ‘treats’ into court
March 24, 2023, 2:43 pm
- Colorado wife whose husband allegedly poisoned her protein shakes is remembered for 'heroic struggle'
March 24, 2023, 1:29 pm
- Reaction to bronze sculpture of Coretta and Martin Luther King Jr. in Boston hasn't been good – and that's not bad for art that shatters conventions
March 24, 2023, 12:37 pm
- I Had One Of The Biggest Hits Of 1992. Then I Came Out As Omnisexual.
March 24, 2023, 12:30 pm
- South Africa must arrest Vladimir Putin
March 24, 2023, 12:29 pm
- Police involved after Memphis women's basketball player hits Bowling Green foe in handshake line
March 24, 2023, 12:11 pm
- Ron DeSantis Is Asked If He'd Be Donald Trump's Vice President. His Answer Is Telling.
March 24, 2023, 11:45 am