Odisha Channel Bureau Puri: Renowned sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik today created a sand sculpture on Geeta, the speech and hearing impaired Indian woman, after her arrival in India from Pakistan.Pattnaik wrote “Welcome Geeta, Thanks India & Pakistan” on the sand sculpture at Puri beach in Odisha.The story of Geeta, the speech-impaired Indian girl stuck in Pakistan for 14 years came into the limelight after the release of Salman Khan-starrer Bajrangi Bhaijaan.As she is unable to speak, her real name is unknown.She was named Geeta by Bilquis Edhi, one of the founders of Edhi Foundation, a well-known social welfare organisation in Pakistan.She, however, failed to recognize the family from Bihar that claimed that she was their lost daughter.“I would like to welcome Geeta and like to thank both the diplomats of India and Pakistan and Edhi Foundation who have done a very good job.I think this will bring more peace and create a good relation between both the countries,” said Pattnaik.
October 26, 2015
- Family spots ‘massive’ octopus struggling in muddy shoreline of WA bay, video shows
March 23, 2023, 11:33 pm
- Senate Ethics admonishes Graham for campaign solicitations
March 23, 2023, 11:10 pm
- Gwyneth Paltrow's ex Chris Martin admits he skips dinner after she came under fire for 'starvation diet'
March 23, 2023, 9:48 pm
- Rap artist Afroman sued by officers who raided his home
March 23, 2023, 8:49 pm
- Missing radio host Jeffrey Vandergrift found dead in San Francisco
March 23, 2023, 7:57 pm
- Names, photos of Los Angeles undercover police posted online
March 23, 2023, 7:33 pm
- Rioter charged in Pelosi laptop theft sentenced to prison
March 23, 2023, 7:15 pm
- Putin’s shattered army will never recover
March 23, 2023, 7:00 pm
- Shakira's ex Gerard Piqué breaks silence on cheating accusations: 'I keep doing what I want'
March 23, 2023, 6:56 pm
- Blac Chyna Dissolved All Of Her Facial Fillers, And The Results Are Dramatic
March 23, 2023, 6:25 pm