Odisha Channel Bureau Koraput, July 2: Eight Maoists who were active in Bandhugaon area of thus tribal-dominated district of Odisha surrendered before the police on Wednesday.According to the police, the Maoists who surrendered had joined the Chasi Mulia Adivasi Sangha in 2009 and later became members of the Bandhugaon Committee of Communist Party of India (Maoists).As many as 47 Maoists have surrendered in 2014 in Koraput district alone.“We urge all those having links with Maoist organisations to surrender, else strong action will be taken as per law,” said Y.K.Jethwa, Inspector General (South-West Range) said here.The names of the Maoists who surrendered on Wednesday are Bisi Mandingi, Sarapati Nachika, Bitu Bidika, Satya Mandingi, Ludra Bidika, Bari Meleka, Sima Meleka, and Sukru Mandingi.All of them belonged to different villages under the Bandhugaon police station area, said Jethwa.
July 2, 2014
- Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston say they have pitched a movie with Drew Barrymore to settle 'who's the better movie wife'
March 24, 2023, 12:34 pm
- South Africa must arrest Vladimir Putin
March 24, 2023, 12:29 pm
- Police involved after Memphis women's basketball player hits Bowling Green foe in handshake line
March 24, 2023, 12:11 pm
- Ron DeSantis Is Asked If He'd Be Donald Trump's Vice President. His Answer Is Telling.
March 24, 2023, 11:45 am
- Florida Republican Will Robinson Jr. Tricked Into Reading Fake Dirty Names At Committee Meeting
March 24, 2023, 10:57 am
- Jane Fonda says Jennifer Lopez 'never apologized' after accidentally cutting her eyebrow while filming 'Monster-in-Law' slap
March 24, 2023, 10:51 am
- Ukraine using Soviet-era choppers to pummel Russia from afar
March 24, 2023, 7:21 am
- Texas Newspaper Shreds Donald Trump’s Plan For Rally In Waco
March 24, 2023, 7:15 am
- Trump threatens 'potential death & destruction' if he's indicted in New York
March 24, 2023, 6:53 am
- China threatens consequences over US warship's actions
March 24, 2023, 6:38 am