Odisha Channel Bureau Bhubaneswar, Nov 28: Leader of Opposition in Odisha Assembly Narasingha Mishra on Friday demanded resignation of the Advocate General (AG) of the State after Speaker Niranjan Pujari gave his ruling that as per the AG’s views the chit fund scam issue cannot be discussed in the Assembly.“Advocate General seems to lack basic knowledge of law.He should resign immediately,” Mishra told journalists after the Assembly was adjourned till Saturday.The Speaker’s ruling is against the Constitution as no law bars a discussion on the chit fund scam in the Assembly, Mishra said.The House was adjourned as the opposition MLAs stalled the proceedings as soon as the Speaker gave his ruling that was based on the AG’s views on a discussion on the chit fund scam issue.The Speaker had sought the opinion from the AG on the question of discussion on the fund scam on November 25 saying that the matter was sub-judice.Expressing anger over the Speaker’s ruling, BJP leader K.V.Singh Deo said that the government was scared of discussing the chit fund issue in the Assembly to protect the leaders of the ruling Biju Janata Dal who were found to be involved in the scam.It may be recalled that Surya Prasad Mishra was appointed as the new Advocate General of Odisha on October 21 after the post fell vacant after the then AG Ashok Mohanty resigned from the post.Mohanty, who was arrested subsequently for his alleged involvement in the chit fund scam relating to the purchase of a house from Artha Tatwa Group chief Pradeep Sethy, has since been released on bail.
November 28, 2014
- Family spots ‘massive’ octopus struggling in muddy shoreline of WA bay, video shows
March 23, 2023, 11:33 pm
- Senate Ethics admonishes Graham for campaign solicitations
March 23, 2023, 11:10 pm
- Gwyneth Paltrow's ex Chris Martin admits he skips dinner after she came under fire for 'starvation diet'
March 23, 2023, 9:48 pm
- Rap artist Afroman sued by officers who raided his home
March 23, 2023, 8:49 pm
- Missing radio host Jeffrey Vandergrift found dead in San Francisco
March 23, 2023, 7:57 pm
- Names, photos of Los Angeles undercover police posted online
March 23, 2023, 7:33 pm
- Rioter charged in Pelosi laptop theft sentenced to prison
March 23, 2023, 7:15 pm
- Putin’s shattered army will never recover
March 23, 2023, 7:00 pm
- Shakira's ex Gerard Piqué breaks silence on cheating accusations: 'I keep doing what I want'
March 23, 2023, 6:56 pm
- Blac Chyna Dissolved All Of Her Facial Fillers, And The Results Are Dramatic
March 23, 2023, 6:25 pm