Odisha Channel Bureau Bhubaneswar, Aug 2: Though he did not agree to Bharatiya Janata Party leader and his main political rival Bijoy Mohapatra demand that the Odisha Government should ask the Central Bureau of Investigation to probe into the scam involving allotment of government plots under discretionary quota, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik constituted a three-member task force on Saturday to review the allotments made in the recent years and suggest action.Mohapatra had on Friday asked Patnaik to inform the people of the State why he did not take any action against BJD leader and Rajya Sabha Member Kalpataru Das despite the Comptroller and Auditor General of India writing to his government twice last year pointing out violation of rules by Das and his family members.Pranaba Kumar Balabantaray, BJD legislator and son of Das has already surrendered two houses that he had got allotted from two different government agencies.Alleging that the land mafia had violated all sorts of rules in the State, Mohapatra had demanded that all allotments of land and plots made by Bhubaneswar Development Authority, Cuttack Development Authority, General Administration Department, Odisha State Housing Board (OSHB) and Odisha Industrial Infrastructure Development Corporation (IDCO) since 2002 be probed by the CBI and criminal proceedings be initiated against those who had taken more than one house or plot within the Bhubaneswar Master Plan limits.The three-member task force that the Naveen Patnaik Government formed on Saturday will be headed by Taradatt, Secretary of the Revenue and Disaster Management Department.The two other members will be the Secretary of Urban Development Department and the Special Secretary of General Administration Department of the State Government.
August 2, 2014
- Dawn Staley calls out national media, Lisa Bluder's 'bar fight' comments after Final Four loss
April 1, 2023, 3:11 pm
- Shaq called! Michigan teen with size 23 feet surprised by NBA legend after sharing shoe story
April 1, 2023, 3:07 pm
- Mar-a-Lago events suspended as Trump huddles with ‘shaken’ advisers
April 1, 2023, 2:38 pm
- I was a nun for 2 decades before leaving the convent to be with a woman. I stood up to the church for our right to marry.
April 1, 2023, 12:55 pm
- My Dying Mom Chose To End Her Life With Dignity. Then Her Choice Was Stolen From Her.
April 1, 2023, 12:30 pm
- Alaska Native Scouts feted 67 years after rescuing Navy crew
April 1, 2023, 12:18 pm
- Graphic video shows an entire 5-foot long alligator being removed from stomach of an 18-foot python
April 1, 2023, 11:00 am
- The ancient discovery made on the Miami River is so significant it could derail development
April 1, 2023, 9:30 am
- A video shows Ukrainian marines destroying a column of Russian tanks with US-made Javelin missiles
April 1, 2023, 9:01 am
- Maggie Haberman Reveals How Trump Org Employees Celebrated Trump Indictment
April 1, 2023, 6:28 am