Odisha Channel Bureau New Delhi, April 24: Prime Minister Narendra Modi has urged Panchayat members to work with a five-year vision with concrete development plans to bring about positive changes in their villages.In his remarks at a function in New Delhi to mark National Panchayati Raj Day, the Prime Minister hailed the contribution of women in the functioning of Panchayats across the country.He called for an end to the practice of “husbands of female Sarpanches” – “Sarpanch Pati” – exercising undue influence.Modi urged Panchayat members to instill pride about the village.This required a firm resolve, rather than any budgetary provision, he added.He gave some suggestions in this regard, such as celebrating a birthday of the village.He said issues such as education of children in the village, and vaccination for children, should be paid special attention to by Panchayat members.The Prime Minister urged Panchayat members to motivate all Government officials in their village to spend at least one hour a week with schoolchildren of the village.The Prime Minister gave away the Annual Devolution Index (States) Awards, and E-Panchayat Awards, and congratulated the Zila Parishads and Gram Panchayats who were being felicitated on the occasion.Union Minister for Panchayati Raj Chaudhary Birender Singh and Minister of State Panchayati Raj Nihal Chand were present on the occasion.
April 24, 2015
- Mar-a-Lago events suspended as Trump huddles with ‘shaken’ advisers
April 1, 2023, 2:38 pm
- Pope Francis released from hospital
April 1, 2023, 2:32 pm
- I was a nun for 2 decades before leaving the convent to be with a woman. I stood up to the church for our right to marry.
April 1, 2023, 12:55 pm
- My Dying Mom Chose To End Her Life With Dignity. Then Her Choice Was Stolen From Her.
April 1, 2023, 12:30 pm
- Alaska Native Scouts feted 67 years after rescuing Navy crew
April 1, 2023, 12:18 pm
- A video shows Ukrainian marines destroying a column of Russian tanks with US-made Javelin missiles
April 1, 2023, 9:01 am
- Maggie Haberman Reveals How Trump Org Employees Celebrated Trump Indictment
April 1, 2023, 6:28 am
- Dawn Staley calls out national media, Lisa Bluder's 'bar fight' comments after Final Four loss
April 1, 2023, 5:32 am
- Perspective: Meet the Oklahoma teacher whose tweet about quitting went viral
April 1, 2023, 3:00 am
- An LSU cheerleader pulled off an impressive stunt to retrieve a basketball stuck above the hoop at the Final Four
April 1, 2023, 12:24 am