Odisha Channel Bureau Bhubaneswar, July 18: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Friday appealed the Maoists to shed violence and join the mainstream.Making a statement in the State Assembly about top Maoist leader Sabyasachi Panda’s arrest, Patnaik said Panda was active in the `Maoist Movement’ in the State for more than two decades.Patnaik informed the House that the most wanted Maoist was arrested from Berhampur.The Maoist was involved in numerous sensational cases.The Chief Minister congratulated the police personnel, particularly the intelligence wing and Berhampur police who participated in the operation leading to Panda’s arrest.“The State Government will reward the police personnel for this spectacular achievement,” Patnaik said.Leader of Opposition Narasingha Mishra of the Congress, however, told the House that there was nothing to take credit about arresting Sabyasachi Panda.“Instead of arresting the symptom, the government should arrest the disease,” Mishra said.Meanwhile, Panda’s wife Mili Panda told journalists that her husband had returned to mainstream.Claiming that Sabyasachi was not involved in any of the cases that the police were talking about, she expressed hope that Sabyasachi will be discharged in all cases and return to social mainstream to lead a normal life in the future.Instead of killing innocent people, the government should take measures to prevent the growth of Maoists by solving the issues that the Maoists were supporting by ending corruption and exploitation.While stating that she will do everything to provide legal support to Sabyasachi, she also said that she will cooperate with the police.She will meet Sabyasachi either in police custody or jail custody soon, she added.
July 18, 2014
- Devin Booker Reacted After Bad Bunny Seemingly Referenced Him And Kendall Jenner In A New Song
March 20, 2023, 7:58 pm
- 'Ted Lasso' cast visits White House to meet Bidens, promote mental health awareness
March 20, 2023, 7:43 pm
- Biden pays tribute to Iranian women at Nowruz celebration
March 20, 2023, 7:09 pm
- Trump hits back at DeSantis following 'porn star' comments, warns the governor could find himself facing 'false accusations' in the future from 'underage' classmates or 'a man'
March 20, 2023, 6:58 pm
- Florida cops on night patrol saw an unlit car parked in a cul-de-sac. It was occupied
March 20, 2023, 6:55 pm
- The Kremlin has reportedly told Russian officials to throw away their iPhones by the end of the month
March 20, 2023, 6:42 pm
- Protesters bloodied and arrested at NYC Drag Story Hour
March 20, 2023, 6:24 pm
- Hockey player, 35, shares subtle warning signs he ignored before cardiac arrest
March 20, 2023, 6:14 pm
- A TikTok of a Taylor Swift fan screaming at her concert has divided viewers. Critics called the behavior 'entitled,' while others defended it.
March 20, 2023, 6:13 pm
- Biden issues first veto, knocks Marjorie Taylor Greene
March 20, 2023, 5:20 pm