Odisha Channel Bureau Rourkela, Aug 24: A large herd of wild elephants were spotted on the outskirts of this steel city on Saturday night creating panic among the people throughout the day on Sunday. The herd comprising 10 elephants was spotted at Bedabyas and efforts were being made by the Forest Department authorities to chase them away during night time.A large number people thronged the area during the day to take a glance of the elephants.According to forest officials, it was the same herd of elephants that had played havoc by entering the industrial town last year.Apart from many elephant experts, the help of local police will be sought to drive the elephants away from the city.Rourkela Forest Division in Sundargarh district has about 80 elephants living in the wild.
August 24, 2014
- Family spots ‘massive’ octopus struggling in muddy shoreline of WA bay, video shows
March 23, 2023, 11:33 pm
- Senate Ethics admonishes Graham for campaign solicitations
March 23, 2023, 11:10 pm
- Gwyneth Paltrow's ex Chris Martin admits he skips dinner after she came under fire for 'starvation diet'
March 23, 2023, 9:48 pm
- Rap artist Afroman sued by officers who raided his home
March 23, 2023, 8:49 pm
- Missing radio host Jeffrey Vandergrift found dead in San Francisco
March 23, 2023, 7:57 pm
- Names, photos of Los Angeles undercover police posted online
March 23, 2023, 7:33 pm
- Rioter charged in Pelosi laptop theft sentenced to prison
March 23, 2023, 7:15 pm
- Putin’s shattered army will never recover
March 23, 2023, 7:00 pm
- Shakira's ex Gerard Piqué breaks silence on cheating accusations: 'I keep doing what I want'
March 23, 2023, 6:56 pm
- Blac Chyna Dissolved All Of Her Facial Fillers, And The Results Are Dramatic
March 23, 2023, 6:25 pm