Odisha Channel Bureau Bhubaneswar, Sep 12: It sounds unbelievable but it’s true.A rubber stamp that the Public Relations Officer in Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik’s office has been using has not been changed till date though the name Orissa was officially changed to Odisha way back in November, 2011.The English rendering of the State’s name was officially changed to Odisha and that of its language from Oriya to Odia following the Presidential assent granted on November 4, 2011 to the Bill passed by Parliament.The photograph of a press release issued by the PRO to Chief Minister being published along with this report is a proof of the sheer negligence on the part of the Odisha Government.The press release with regard to Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik ordering an administrative inquiry into the police firing at Chandpur, which was e-mailed to journalists in Bhubaneswar on Friday evening, carried the impression of the stamp used by the Chief Minister’s Office.“P.R.O.to Chief Minister, Orissa,” it saidPeople across the State had celebrated after the Orissa (the Alteration of Name) Bill became an Act after being assented by the President nearly three years ago.Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik had congratulated the President for the historic decision.But the stamp still being used in his office tells a small story about a big blunder.
September 12, 2014
- What is an indictment, and what does it mean for former President Trump?
March 31, 2023, 2:16 am
- Stormy Daniels Tweets 2-Word Response About Trump’s Indictment
March 31, 2023, 1:44 am
- Missing Massachusetts woman's husband indicted for murder
March 31, 2023, 1:31 am
- DeSantis says Florida won't help extradite Trump even though it's required by US Constitution
March 31, 2023, 12:45 am
- Priyanka Chopra says she fell in love with Nick Jonas when she watched him conduct a gospel choir in a studio: 'My knees buckled'
March 31, 2023, 12:05 am
- Exonerated Central Park 5 Member Has 1-Word Statement On Trump's Indictment
March 30, 2023, 11:51 pm
- Trump Rages at Hush-Money Indictment in Misspelled Truth Social Rant
March 30, 2023, 10:58 pm
- Dueling semitruck drivers go head to head in road rage clash, Louisiana video shows
March 30, 2023, 10:39 pm
- Teen disqualified from Pokémon tournament for laughing upon being asked his pronouns
March 30, 2023, 10:26 pm
- How a shared golf cart with a porn star led Donald Trump to become the first US president to be indicted
March 30, 2023, 10:18 pm