Odisha Channel Bureau Cuttack, Oct 20: Orissa High Court today refused to grant anticipatory bail to Pravat Tripathy, senior Biju Janata Dal MLA, in the chit fund scam case involving the Artha Tatwa Group.Tripathy had approached the High Court after he was interrogated by the Central Bureau of Investigation for his alleged involvement in the chit fund scam.Justice Sangam Kumar Sahoo, rejected Tripathy’s bail plea, had reserved his orders on the bail application after hearing arguments by Tripathy’s counsel and counsel for the CBI on October 16.The BJD MLA had moved the High Court on September 15 apprehending arrest as the CBI already conducted raids at his houses both at Cuttack and Banki, besides interrogating him twice.Earlier, the High Court had granted interim protection to Tripathy till the disposal of his bail application.It was not known whether the CBI would arrest Tripathy after rejection of his bail plea by the High Court.
October 20, 2014
- What is an indictment, and what does it mean for former President Trump?
March 31, 2023, 2:16 am
- Stormy Daniels Tweets 2-Word Response About Trump’s Indictment
March 31, 2023, 1:44 am
- Missing Massachusetts woman's husband indicted for murder
March 31, 2023, 1:31 am
- DeSantis says Florida won't help extradite Trump even though it's required by US Constitution
March 31, 2023, 12:45 am
- Priyanka Chopra says she fell in love with Nick Jonas when she watched him conduct a gospel choir in a studio: 'My knees buckled'
March 31, 2023, 12:05 am
- Exonerated Central Park 5 Member Has 1-Word Statement On Trump's Indictment
March 30, 2023, 11:51 pm
- Trump Rages at Hush-Money Indictment in Misspelled Truth Social Rant
March 30, 2023, 10:58 pm
- Dueling semitruck drivers go head to head in road rage clash, Louisiana video shows
March 30, 2023, 10:39 pm
- Teen disqualified from Pokémon tournament for laughing upon being asked his pronouns
March 30, 2023, 10:26 pm
- How a shared golf cart with a porn star led Donald Trump to become the first US president to be indicted
March 30, 2023, 10:18 pm