Odisha Channel Bureau Bhubaneswar, July 26: Gokul Chandra Pati, a 1978 batch Indian Administrative Service officer, is all set to take over as Chief Secretary of Odisha Government.He is likely to take over as the new Chief Secretary of the State on August 1, sources said on Saturday.Pati will take over as the post was vacated by Jugal Kishore Mohapatra on Friday.Mohapatra vacated the post after he was appointed as Union Fertilizer Secretary.Though no officer was officially given additional charge of the Chief Secretary post till Saturday noon, the official meetings that were scheduled to be presided by Mohapatra during the first half of the day were chaired by Development Commissioner Aditya Prasad Padhi.Pati, currently holding the position of Union Secretary, Defence Production, is set to retire from service in November 2015.According to sources, a major reshuffle in the State Bureau cracy was likely after Pati takes charge as Chief Secretary.
July 26, 2014
- Dawn Staley calls out national media, Lisa Bluder's 'bar fight' comments after Final Four loss
April 1, 2023, 3:11 pm
- Shaq called! Michigan teen with size 23 feet surprised by NBA legend after sharing shoe story
April 1, 2023, 3:07 pm
- Mar-a-Lago events suspended as Trump huddles with ‘shaken’ advisers
April 1, 2023, 2:38 pm
- I was a nun for 2 decades before leaving the convent to be with a woman. I stood up to the church for our right to marry.
April 1, 2023, 12:55 pm
- My Dying Mom Chose To End Her Life With Dignity. Then Her Choice Was Stolen From Her.
April 1, 2023, 12:30 pm
- Alaska Native Scouts feted 67 years after rescuing Navy crew
April 1, 2023, 12:18 pm
- Graphic video shows an entire 5-foot long alligator being removed from stomach of an 18-foot python
April 1, 2023, 11:00 am
- The ancient discovery made on the Miami River is so significant it could derail development
April 1, 2023, 9:30 am
- A video shows Ukrainian marines destroying a column of Russian tanks with US-made Javelin missiles
April 1, 2023, 9:01 am
- Maggie Haberman Reveals How Trump Org Employees Celebrated Trump Indictment
April 1, 2023, 6:28 am