Odisha Channel Bureau Bhubaneswar, Oct 4: The villagers opposing establishment of POSCO steel plant in the Jagatsinghpur district of Odisha have reiterated their opposition to the proposed steel mill.“It is time to reassure you that our people are continuing their protest unabated against the establishment of POSCO steel plant in the Jagatsinghpur district of Odisha.We are determined to continue our fight till POSCO withdraws the project from our area,” said Prashant Paikray, spokesperson of POSCO Pratirodh Sangram Samiti (PPSS), the people’s organisation that has been opposing land acquisition for POSCO project since long.Paikray said in a statement issued to the media on Saturday that “seven years back under veiled threat and false allurements 54 families from our villages had been taken to a transit camp built by the company”.“They suffered a lot in the last 7 years and 42 families out of the 54 came back to their housed in the villages on June 7, 2014.We treat this as an achievement as they have made resolve to strengthen our fight against POSCO.The PPSS members also have helped them rebuild their damaged structures and houses.”In his update on the anti-POSCO movement, Paikray said that the MOU between state government and POSCO has lapsed since July 2010.“But the Odisha Industrial Infrastructure Development Corporation (IDCO), a state government’s agency have acquired 2,772.05 acres of land and handed over to POSCO.IDCO has invited expression of interest (EoI) to conduct socio-economic survey for rehabilitation of displaced families affected by the POSCO project,” he observed.”It is not our area alone.Corporations are eying on land, forest and water in most part of forest rich Odisha.But if we succeed all others will be inspired to carry on the struggle and if we don’t succeed it will certainly demoralise all others,” Paikray added.
October 4, 2014
- Diane Keaton Hasn't Dated Anyone In 35 Years, And Her Reason Why Is Going Viral
March 26, 2023, 7:45 pm
- Family of missing 6-year-old left Texas on international flight before Amber Alert issued
March 26, 2023, 7:13 pm
- San Francisco is forcing couple to remove sidewalk 'obstruction' — or pay $1,400. It's a little free library.
March 26, 2023, 6:39 pm
- Is 'David' porn? See for yourself, Italians ask Fla. parents
March 26, 2023, 6:17 pm
- Mark Wahlberg and Jim Carrey among stars rushing to sell homes to beat new ‘mansion’ tax
March 26, 2023, 5:00 pm
- Comer warns Bragg he must testify after stumbling into his territory during Trump probe
March 26, 2023, 4:48 pm
- Jonathan Majors’ Attorney Says The Woman Who Accused Him Of Assault Has Taken Back Her Allegations After He Was Arrested In New York
March 26, 2023, 4:46 pm
- Trump's own attorney says the former president's TruthSocial posts attacking Manhattan prosecutor ahead of possible indictment were 'ill-advised'
March 26, 2023, 4:09 pm
- Sam Neill says the 'Jurassic Park" cast 'came very close' to dying when a Category 4 hurricane struck
March 26, 2023, 3:47 pm
- 'God, guns and Trump': Thousands turn out for Texas rally
March 26, 2023, 3:18 pm