Odisha Channel Bureau New Delhi, April 25: President of India Pranab Mukherjee has written to President of the Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal Ram Baran Yadav the conveying his sympathies for those affected by the earthquake that struck Nepal today.“I am confident that the relief and rescue operations being conducted by your Government will be swift and successful.The Government and the people of India stand by the people of Nepal in this difficult hour and remain committed to assist in every way possible,” Mukherjee said in his message.“I was deeply concerned to hear of the disastrous earthquake that struck Kathmandu this morning, causing loss of lives and widespread damage to buildings and property.On behalf of the Government and the people of India as well as on my own behalf, I extend our heartfelt condolences to your Government and the bereaved and displaced families.Please convey my sympathies to those affected and sincere wishes for the speedy recovery of the injured,” the President said.Mukherjee has also written to Governors of Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal and Sikkim conveying condolences on loss of lives caused by the earthquake today.In letters written to Governors of Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal and Sikkim, the President said, “I am sad to learn about the loss of lives, injuries and damage to property caused by the earthquake today in many States.My thoughts are with all those affected by this natural calamity.I understand rescue and relief operations are currently underway.I am sure the State Government and other agencies are taking necessary steps to provide all possible help to the bereaved families who have lost their near and dear ones.Please convey my heartfelt condolences to the families of the deceased.I wish speedy recovery to the injured persons”.
April 25, 2015
- China's Xi Jinping praises Vladimir Putin during visit to Russia
March 20, 2023, 8:51 pm
- Arnold Schwarzenegger shared 2 weight-loss hacks, including the soup he has for dinner every night
March 20, 2023, 8:20 pm
- Photos: Iraq war’s 20th anniversary — the advance from Kuwait to the occupation of Baghdad
March 20, 2023, 8:17 pm
- Gadfly Reporter Throws White House Presser Into Chaos With Over-the-Top Tantrum
March 20, 2023, 8:14 pm
- Wyoming bans transgender youth from girls' sports teams
March 20, 2023, 8:13 pm
- Bad Bunny's ex-girlfriend files lawsuit seeking $40M
March 20, 2023, 8:12 pm
- A TikToker said she walked out on a date who was too cheap to spend $3 on cheese for his burger. That wasn't the whole story.
March 20, 2023, 7:12 pm
- Trump hits back at DeSantis following 'porn star' comments, warns the governor could find himself facing 'false accusations' in the future from 'underage' classmates or 'a man'
March 20, 2023, 6:58 pm
- Police: Dentist killed wife by lacing shakes with poison
March 20, 2023, 6:56 pm
- Florida cops on night patrol saw an unlit car parked in a cul-de-sac. It was occupied
March 20, 2023, 6:55 pm