Odisha Channel Bureau Bhubaneswar: A Central Team will visit Odisha for assessment of drought situation and to suggest remedial measures. Agriculture & Farmers Welfare Minister Radha Mohan Singh has directed the Ministry to constitute a Central Team comprising officers of the Ministry and a representative of ICAR-Central Rice Research Institute, Cuttack.The team will be headed by R.P.Mallick, Additional Commissioner, according to a PIB release.Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan had requested Singh to depute a Central Team for taking a firsthand view of the prevailing drought situation in different parts of the State and suggest remedial measures and strategies for combating agrarian and rural distress.Pradhan had highlighted that eight districts namely Dhenkanal, Khurda, Balangir, Boudh, Bargarh, Subarnapur, Kandhamal and Keonjhar have received less than normal rainfall.Additionally, agricultural activities in 103 blocks in 23 districts had been adversely affected, Pradhan had pointed out.
September 22, 2015
- Devin Booker Reacted After Bad Bunny Seemingly Referenced Him And Kendall Jenner In A New Song
March 20, 2023, 7:58 pm
- 'Ted Lasso' cast visits White House to meet Bidens, promote mental health awareness
March 20, 2023, 7:43 pm
- Biden pays tribute to Iranian women at Nowruz celebration
March 20, 2023, 7:09 pm
- Trump hits back at DeSantis following 'porn star' comments, warns the governor could find himself facing 'false accusations' in the future from 'underage' classmates or 'a man'
March 20, 2023, 6:58 pm
- Florida cops on night patrol saw an unlit car parked in a cul-de-sac. It was occupied
March 20, 2023, 6:55 pm
- The Kremlin has reportedly told Russian officials to throw away their iPhones by the end of the month
March 20, 2023, 6:42 pm
- Protesters bloodied and arrested at NYC Drag Story Hour
March 20, 2023, 6:24 pm
- Hockey player, 35, shares subtle warning signs he ignored before cardiac arrest
March 20, 2023, 6:14 pm
- A TikTok of a Taylor Swift fan screaming at her concert has divided viewers. Critics called the behavior 'entitled,' while others defended it.
March 20, 2023, 6:13 pm
- Biden issues first veto, knocks Marjorie Taylor Greene
March 20, 2023, 5:20 pm