Odisha Channel Bureau Angul: Odisha Pradesh Congress Committee today began its statewide Jagaran Yatra with the sole aim of exposing the Naveen Patnaik Government that is thriving in power for 15 years by making tall promises while the administration is crumbling at all levels.The Jagaran Yatra that kicked off from Dhokuta village of the district will be held in 10 phases across the State till April next year.Apart from highlighting the BJD government’s failures on various fronts, the party is trying to make the people living in the rural areas of Odisha aware of the lack of sincerity on the part of Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik to solve the problems facing the State.The padyatra, which was led by OPCC president Prasad Harichandan, attracted over 10,000 villagers who joined the Congress leaders and workers spontaneously.The padyatra will be held in neighbouring Dhenkanal district on Thursday.It is being attended by almost all the senior leaders of the party in the State.Harichandan has given the slogan “Banchiba Pain Ladhai Kara, Congress Pataka Hatare Dhara”, urging people to join the Jagaran Yatra in the coming days to help Congress emerge as the lone alternative to the ruling BJD.While the healthcare system is in shambles, the situation is no better in education and agriculture or power sector, Harichandan has said, while blaming the government for the frequent suicides by farmers in different regions of the State.The successful launch of the Jagaran Yatra had its impact within no time.As the party highlighted the plight of the farmers, the State Government soon announced drought relief package and aid to drought-hit farmers.
October 14, 2015
- Dawn Staley calls out national media, Lisa Bluder's 'bar fight' comments after Final Four loss
April 1, 2023, 3:11 pm
- Shaq called! Michigan teen with size 23 feet surprised by NBA legend after sharing shoe story
April 1, 2023, 3:07 pm
- Mar-a-Lago events suspended as Trump huddles with ‘shaken’ advisers
April 1, 2023, 2:38 pm
- I was a nun for 2 decades before leaving the convent to be with a woman. I stood up to the church for our right to marry.
April 1, 2023, 12:55 pm
- My Dying Mom Chose To End Her Life With Dignity. Then Her Choice Was Stolen From Her.
April 1, 2023, 12:30 pm
- Alaska Native Scouts feted 67 years after rescuing Navy crew
April 1, 2023, 12:18 pm
- Graphic video shows an entire 5-foot long alligator being removed from stomach of an 18-foot python
April 1, 2023, 11:00 am
- The ancient discovery made on the Miami River is so significant it could derail development
April 1, 2023, 9:30 am
- A video shows Ukrainian marines destroying a column of Russian tanks with US-made Javelin missiles
April 1, 2023, 9:01 am
- Maggie Haberman Reveals How Trump Org Employees Celebrated Trump Indictment
April 1, 2023, 6:28 am