Odisha Channel Bureau Angul, June 30: An exchange of fire took place between police and Maoists in the early hours of Sunday in the hilly areas under Chhendipada police station in Odisha’s Angul district.No one was hurt from police side but there was no confirmation whether anyone from the Maoists side was injured or dead.Reports said there were blood stains on the spot fuelling speculations of injury or death in the Maoists group.With this incident, the tall claims by the Odisha police that they had successfully stalled the progress of Maoists into new districts have proved hollow.According to Inspector General of North Central Range P.S.Ranpise, the special operation group jawans were carrying out combing operations in the forest areas bordering Angul and Sambalpur districts following intelligence reports of Maoist movement.At about 4 am they confronted some Maoist cadres at a hilly place under Chhendipada police station limits.“Finding police at the doorsteps the extremists opened fire which was returned by jawans.The exchange of fire lasted about one hour before the Maoists melted into deep forests.Details of about their number and injury are awaited.Combing operation will be more vigorous in coming days in these areas,” he added.It may be noted that there were reports of Maoist movements in the villages under Thakurgarh and Purunakote areas of Satkosia jungle last week.Villagers had informed police that about 18 men and women came to their villages and took foods besides holding meetings.Police initially downplayed the report but later launched combing operation in these areas but found nothing amid reports that they went to Boudh areas.They last night started combing at Chhendipada-Nakhchi-Handappa police station areas bordering undivided Sambalpur district and traced the armed men.
June 30, 2014
- Diane Keaton Hasn't Dated Anyone In 35 Years, And Her Reason Why Is Going Viral
March 26, 2023, 7:45 pm
- Family of missing 6-year-old left Texas on international flight before Amber Alert issued
March 26, 2023, 7:13 pm
- San Francisco is forcing couple to remove sidewalk 'obstruction' — or pay $1,400. It's a little free library.
March 26, 2023, 6:39 pm
- Is 'David' porn? See for yourself, Italians ask Fla. parents
March 26, 2023, 6:17 pm
- Mark Wahlberg and Jim Carrey among stars rushing to sell homes to beat new ‘mansion’ tax
March 26, 2023, 5:00 pm
- Comer warns Bragg he must testify after stumbling into his territory during Trump probe
March 26, 2023, 4:48 pm
- Jonathan Majors’ Attorney Says The Woman Who Accused Him Of Assault Has Taken Back Her Allegations After He Was Arrested In New York
March 26, 2023, 4:46 pm
- Trump's own attorney says the former president's TruthSocial posts attacking Manhattan prosecutor ahead of possible indictment were 'ill-advised'
March 26, 2023, 4:09 pm
- Sam Neill says the 'Jurassic Park" cast 'came very close' to dying when a Category 4 hurricane struck
March 26, 2023, 3:47 pm
- 'God, guns and Trump': Thousands turn out for Texas rally
March 26, 2023, 3:18 pm