Odisha Channel Bureau Bhubaneswar, Sep 19: Crime Branch of Odisha police today arrested seven persons for their alleged involvement in the controversial land scam at Ghangapatna on the outskirts of Bhubaneswar.According to the police, the seven arrested persons include two Additional Tehsildars, one Revenue Inspector, one Record Keeper and three land brokers.More arrests were likely in the case, police sources said.Around 40 persons are involved in the land scam at Ghangapatna, Crime Branch head Bijay Kumar Sharma told journalists after the arrests.The State Government had already retrieved the 76 acres of land that had been fraudulently acquired in Ghangapatna area.Those involved include many leaders of the ruling Biju Janata Dal.Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik had ordered a Crime Branch probe into the land scam after opposition parties demanded that the case be handed over to the Central Bureau of Investigation for investigation.The Government had ordered the suspension of Tehsildar, Additional Tehsildar, Revenue Inspector and Sub-Registrar of the locality before the case was handed over to the Crime Branch.The land scam was first highlighted by the opposition BJP and other parties had joined subsequently for virtually force the State Government order a Crime Branch probe.While the villagers along with BJP activists had demolished the boundary wall constructed around the land that been acquired illegally, Congress activists had planted saplings on the road that was being illegally constructed as an approach way to the encroached land.
September 19, 2014
- Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston say they have pitched a movie with Drew Barrymore to settle 'who's the better movie wife'
March 24, 2023, 12:34 pm
- South Africa must arrest Vladimir Putin
March 24, 2023, 12:29 pm
- Police involved after Memphis women's basketball player hits Bowling Green foe in handshake line
March 24, 2023, 12:11 pm
- Ron DeSantis Is Asked If He'd Be Donald Trump's Vice President. His Answer Is Telling.
March 24, 2023, 11:45 am
- Florida Republican Will Robinson Jr. Tricked Into Reading Fake Dirty Names At Committee Meeting
March 24, 2023, 10:57 am
- Jane Fonda says Jennifer Lopez 'never apologized' after accidentally cutting her eyebrow while filming 'Monster-in-Law' slap
March 24, 2023, 10:51 am
- Ukraine using Soviet-era choppers to pummel Russia from afar
March 24, 2023, 7:21 am
- Texas Newspaper Shreds Donald Trump’s Plan For Rally In Waco
March 24, 2023, 7:15 am
- Trump threatens 'potential death & destruction' if he's indicted in New York
March 24, 2023, 6:53 am
- China threatens consequences over US warship's actions
March 24, 2023, 6:38 am