Odisha Channel Bureau Bhubaneswar, Dec 8: A local court on Monday denied bail to suspended Biju Janata Dal legislator Pravat Tripathy, an accused in a case relating to the mega chit fund scam in Odisha.Tripathy has been in judicial custody following his arrest by the CBI on October 31 for his alleged links with Artha Tatwa (AT) Group headed by Pradip Sethy who is in jail.The Khurda District and Sessions Jude, who refused to grant bail to Tripathy, had heard arguments and reserved the order on December 2.BJD Lok Sabha Member Ramachandra Hansdah is also in judicial custody for his alleged involved in the scam.Hansdah and former BJD legislator Subarna Nayak and former BJP legislator Hitesh Bagarti were arrested by the CBI last month for their alleged links with the Nabadiganta Capital Financial Services (NCFS) that duped thousands of depositors in different areas of Odisha.BJD legislator Pravat Biswal was also questioned by the CBI recently for his alleged links with the Seashore Group, another company involved in the multi-crore scam.
December 8, 2014
- Ukraine troops 'storm Russia posts near Bakhmut'
June 7, 2023, 12:29 pm
- British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak to meet with Biden during U.S. trip
June 7, 2023, 11:56 am
- What the US should do with its A-10 Thunderbolt
June 7, 2023, 11:00 am
- ‘Older generations are so confused': This young woman on TikTok says Gen Z, Millennials don't share the same work ethic as Boomers — 3 reasons why she might be onto something
June 7, 2023, 10:00 am
- Great white shark surprises fishermen off Point Pleasant Beach, tries to eat catch
June 7, 2023, 9:17 am
- Politics has reached the point where Trump wants to know if Chris Christie has a problem with 'SIZE'
June 7, 2023, 8:58 am
- A teenage girl found her mom's debit card and spent $64,000 on mobile games, wiping out her family's life savings
June 7, 2023, 8:40 am
- A Terrifying Secret in Putin’s War Is Now Impossible to Hide
June 7, 2023, 8:32 am
- Watergate Lawyer John Dean Says He’s ‘Curious’ About 1 Thing In Trump Investigation
June 7, 2023, 7:47 am
- Protesters brawl as Southern California school district decides whether to recognize Pride Month
June 7, 2023, 4:49 am